Part I - Tax Credits: What Working Families Need to Know — Thursday, Oct. 21 at 1:00 p.m. Eastern (1 hour)
This webinar will explain how federal and state tax credits can give working families a leg up and briefly describe some credits of which families should be aware, including the federal Earned Income Tax Credit, Child Tax Credit, Child and Dependent Care Tax Credit, and Making Work Pay Credit. This webinar will cover:
- The EITC, which is worth up to $5,666 for low- and moderate-income families with children;
- The Child Tax Credit, which is worth up to $1,000 per child just for having a child;
- The Child and Dependent Care Tax Credit, which gives families with child care expenses up to $2,100;
- The new Making Work Pay Credit, worth up to $800; and
- Basic tips for sharing information about tax credits with families.